A Happy New Year to one and all

I should actually have been writing my blog the 2 weeks before Christmas but unfortunately I had no internet connection and was unable to do it. Anna, Elliot (who has his one year old birthday today) and I have been moving house. Through the lack of both proper planning and the fact that it seemingly takes 10 working days to turn a switch, we have been without a connection since December the 15th.

My first call to Telia informing them that I needed to change address was handled by a very helpful young lady. I told her we were moving to Ingmår. On hearing this she asked me where in England I wanted my connection transferred to? Do you operate in England? I asked her, feeling absolutely astonished. No she answered we don’t. So why then did you ask me where in England I want to transfer to? I asked. I thought you said England she replied and was trying to be helpful.

It was at this point I decided to ask if there was perhaps someone else who might understand me slightly better and could help me. Of course, she answered, I could hear the sigh of relief as she transferred me over.

Hi, said a very chirpy sounding male voice how can I help you? I explained my request once again and this time there seemed to be no problems. I know Sunne well Mr. chirpy voice said, I was there last summer.

Nice, I replied not really wanting to get into a conversation and hoping that he would just get my order processed and let me get back to work.

Yes, lovely place, he continued on, I spent most of my time visiting the church. I like to visit graveyards and look at the grave stones! I was speechless at this information.

Ok all done he said it will be at least 10 working days before you’re connected. Shit I thought. That will mean after New Year wont it? I asked him. Yes, I´m afraid so. But don’t worry we will SMS you when it’s ready. Hmmm, do you know my mobile number then? I enquired. No he replied I don’t. So how can you SMS me? I asked. By now not knowing whether to laugh or cry.

I had now been on the phone for over 30 minutes and things were getting weirder and weirder. Guess I cant he said, would you like me to send a letter?

No letter arrived but yesterday my internet sprang into life. Yesterday was a Sunday! In the context of what went before I suppose getting hooked up on a NON working day was always going to be the day to bet on.

As I said before today is my sons first birthday. Anna and I are going to take him out and we are all going to play together in the snow for the first time. He will try out his new sledge and experience for the first time the fun that a Swedish winter can bring. So many first to look forward to, each and every one of them adding a little more life experience to an amazing little boy.

For the next 2 weeks I am going to try to share with you my experiences past and present of my life here in Sunne. Right now is a big time for me both privately and professionally, as the days go by I will share some of what is happening with you. I don’t promise that it’s all going to be happy and fun. Right now I do have a few things that I want to moan about and where better to do it than here?

Please leave comments on what you read, good or bad they let me know that someone is reading what I write. Tell your friends to read the blog too and if there is anything that you would like to ask me please do. I will answer each and every question.

Take care; talk tomorrow, I´m off to race a one year old on a sledge.

David

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg