What colour are you wearing?

Being a hair stylist I am used to getting pretty close to women. It is not unusual to be told secrets and sometimes I can feel a little bit like a sort of life coach. It’s a part of the job that I feel is important, the relationship between a woman and her hairdresser is one built on trust. (KMD)
That being said; recently I was astonished when many of my clients felt that they should share an intimate secret with me, something that to be honest I don’t think I needed to know! (KMD)

One after the other they let me know what colour of Bra they were wearing that day. Not only once but day after day I was being bombarded with the colour of choice for each woman. (KMD)

I have to admit it wasn’t just me getting this information infact I wasn’t even getting it directly told to me. For some reason clients, friends and even my own girl friend were posting this information on Face book.( KMD)

The first time I noticed it was when I saw my friend Åsa had posted the word black on her home page, I then read the word white next to Marias name. It seemed that almost every time I looked on Face book there were colours next to every woman’s name. Intrigued I asked Anna what this was all about. For some reason she wouldn’t tell me but said that if I looked at her name I would see that she had written the colour grey. (KMD)

It wasn’t until yesterday when I read a post from a friend of mine in Canada that the penny dropped. She was congratulating women of the world for posting their bra colours for the past few weeks and saying that this had drawn attention to the horrible disease of Breast Cancer. Who started this? I have no idea. Jessica didn’t say in her post, but someone somewhere had put in motion an idea which had quickly spread around the world. A simple plan which took only seconds to participate in and required the use of only one word. It gave a connection to people from all walks of life, living thousands of miles apart bringing them together with a common aim. (KMD)

Amazing isn’t it the power of the internet, scary actually. Think of the good the world can take advantage of by uniting people and getting simple but effective ideas circulating amongst the most diverse of communities. There is of course a down side to all of this and for every good use of the internet there does unfortunately seem to be many bad. It’s a bit of a sad reflection on the world in general when you realise that Pamela Anderson is the most searched for name on the planet. (KMD)

I love the “bra colour phenomenon”. Such a simple idea which caught so many woman’s attention and I´m sure became much, much bigger than was ever dreamed when it was first thought of. If as I believe the idea originated with the hope of bringing more awareness to Breast Cancer then it seems to have all been worth while.(KMD)

Face book and other similar types of communication sites are definitely here to stay. For good or bad it would seem that the world needs instant access in everything nowadays. I use the site mainly to play poker, but it has also been useful when I have needed to contact someone whose phone number I didn’t have, but were a friend on Face book. This meant I could leave a message on their wall which they would hopefully read the same day. (KMD)

Writing one word over and over again or using colours or numbers continuously in an advertising sense is called subliminal advertising. It was used a lot in the 60s and is actually a subtle form of brain washing. Putting something into the minds of people who are unaware that it is actually happening can be a bad thing and is something of course that I would never condone!
Or would I?

Let me know YOUR thoughts/ David

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg